Who goes to a Jimmy Buffett concert? Why do they go? What sorts of wild creatures can you expect when you are there? What is that weird hand gesture they’re doing during that song? Everything (Abridged) conducts a scientific study to answer these questions and more with our guest, Angus Hill (follow him on Twitter), who just went to his first Jimmy Buffett concert.
One question we don’t answer is what a quiche is. Turns out it is a savory, open-faced pastry crust dish with a filling of custard with cheese, meat and vegetables. Who knew? Also, to answer a thought-provoking question we bring up, this is what an artichoke looks like:Artichoke. Cool, right?
Casey tells us the first thing he would have done if he were Che Guevara, and the sad reason he never smoked his Cuban cigar. Plus, talk about exciting new video games, why Electronic Arts sucks and more. And we can’t close out the show without an update about Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch. All this and more on Everything (Abridged).
This show is not safe for work.
- “Babysitters” (2007): The darkest movie we’ve recommended so far on Everything (Abridged).
- “Bad Lieutenant” (1992): …until five minutes later when we recommend this one.
Stuff we talked about:
- The infamous drunk guy singing Queen like a boss
- 360 degree views of last year’s Vancouver riots, eh?
- Quiche. Sounds yummy.
- Jimmy Buffett’s trip to Tampa this year
- Parrotheads. Still a weird name.
- How to jump a car (Alternatively, Evel Knievel jumping cars)
- Sim City 5!!!
- Cities XL, also known by the name “NotSimCity”
- Fans disappointed by Mass Effect 3 endings
- Titanic 3D: “Boobs poking you in the face”
- OMFG BBQ GAME OF THRONES SEASON 2!!!1one
- Osama bin Laden got it on while in hiding
- Looks like the Blackberry is doomed
- Medical science is taking a cue from Muppet Babies, the Rugrats and Ms. Frizzle
- Ellen’s very awesome Epcot ride
- Batman was pulled over by the cops
- And check out Rob Smith’s new sports show on Do This Thing!