We try to figure out the value of “Who Let The Dogs Out?” by the Baha Men, Ren gives an impassioned rant about people who conspicuously hate Nickelback, and we proclaim “Next” to be the rudest MTV show ever made. Plus, Casey talks some baseball and we make a common kitchen appliance the AWESOME THING OF THE WEEK.
In lieu of a guest this week, we read a story from our friend Josh Newman, the editor-in-chief of Generation Magazine in Buffalo. His story is “The ‘Tirst.” It’s from a series of articles he completed while attending Trinity College in Dublin as part of a study abroad program.
This show is not safe for work.
- NONE! Casey is trying really hard to get a master’s degree.
- The Lumineers, a great folk-inspired band from Denver, Colo. Check out “Ho Hey,” currently free in iTunes.
- This “Mad Men” theme interpretation featuring Allison Williams. Williams is the daughter of NBC news anchor Brian Williams and will appear in the new HBO show “Girls” this month.
Stuff we talked about:
- This FUCKING awful song.
- Next, the worst MTV show in the world.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson schools James Cameron on stars
- Another just terrible song.
- A big thing made of little things is eating the Titanic (!)
- The best headline in the world. Hint: it involves gravy wrestling, professional models and sex
- Apple is slated to top Google
- Google’s glasses (our opinions are split)